Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hot Girls

While discussing the future...again...I also made Emma cry, but we came to a solution with her. I had told her that all she had to do was have a baby girl when she grew up and she could name her Emma, that way, I would have the grown up Emma and the baby girl Emma. This is when she began to cry and claimed she was not getting married and she was not going to have any babies. Perplexed of course, because, I mean, this is Emma, the five-year-old girl with constant boys on her brain, why in the world would she not want to get married. Not to mention, she loves playing with her baby dolls. I thought for sure she would want to have babies.

"Why don't you want to have babies, Emma?"

"Because it hurts."

"Oooohhhh, well, why don't you want to get married?"

"Because I don't want to have babies."

"Well, Emma, if you don't get married, then you can't have any babies, so....how am I going to have a baby Emma when you grow up if you don't get married and have her?"

"I know," and with that, she turned to the boys and announced, "Boys, boys! You need to grow up and marry a hot girl and have babies and you need to name your baby girl Emma, so that mom can have a baby Emma and a grown up Emma, so go find you some hot girls and marry them."

No comments: