Friday, July 29, 2011

The Stolen Life




I have set a goal for myself to read more. I haven't picked a number just yet, because I am not willing to set myself up for failure. I WANT to read so badly, but have a hard time finding the time. I find the quietest time of day for me to read is actually, at night. Problem is, as soon as my body goes horizontal, I pass out within seconds. I am good to get through a chapter a night, but that works for me, for now.

While flipping through channels one day, I came across an interview with Jaycee Dugard by Diane Sawyer. Her story intrigued me, number one because it is an amazing story of survival, number two, from a spectators point of view, she seems rather normal. That in itself is amazing to me.

Jaycee Dugard was an 11-year-old girl in the Summer of 1991 when on her way to school, she was abducted by a man and his wife, all while her step-father looked on.

She was to help her abductor, Philip, with his sexual problems, so that he would not have to hurt anyone else. Jaycee was locked in a backyard building for three years before Philip and his wife allowed her to go outside. This after she had birthed his first child!

Jaycee eventually becomes the mother to a second child and she, her two daughters and her two abductors essentially become a family.

For eighteen years Jaycee Dugard was not allowed to speak or even write her own name. She survived an impossible situation.

Finally on August 26, 2009 she was finally rescued. This book is written in her own words, the way she remembers her very unfortunate ordeal.

The book is very detailed and graphic and is sometimes hard to read simply because I don't have a clue how this little girl survived this. So far, I can barely put it down. I highly recommend this one.

4 comments:

NoumanRaza said...

slide app

Get Free Rechargeslide app

Get Free Rechargeslide app

Get Free Rechargeslide app

Get Free Recharge

Commodity Trading Calls said...

Superb post about "The Stolen Life"

thanks,
Free Silver Mcx Tips

Free MCX Trading Tips said...

waoo well written post about The Stolen Life

Thanks,

Crude Oil Trading Tips | Commodity Tips Free Trial

Racing Games Top Free Games said...

Thanks for providing us this much information. Your work is just amazing. TEAM Traffic Racing