Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ahhh....Summertime

....Is hot as Hell in Georgia!

Dylan receive an ant farm for Easter and we sent off for the ants that day. In May, I called because there were still no ants in our mailbox and the boy had been patiently waiting for more than the alloted three to six weeks.

I called Uncle Milton, but we couldn't seem to connect due to the different time zone. I believe that they are in California. Finally I got to talk to some one live and they assured us that the ants would arrive in two weeks.

Bless his heart, he waited...for another two weeks before asking if we could call Uncle Milton again. We were told that the ants had indeed shipped, but alas when the lady came back with the ship date, she informed us that a hold had been placed on our ants due to the weather in Georgia.

I inquired about what weather she was referring to since there had been no rain and certainly no snow in Georgia. We have only had pleasant weather for months now.

Uncle Milton's secretary said that there would be no ants shipped to Georgia until there was a 10-day forcast with 85 degree weather in it for Georgia.

"Son", I said, "it looks like your ants will arrive just in time for Thanksgiving dinner."

Malia

2 comments:

Rachael said...

This made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. I read it to everyone, I think. Poor boy.

Anonymous said...

Oh! How sad!