Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cause Daddy Said So...

Tonight, I saw for the first time, the love of a father to protect his daughter....

Jackson and Emma are now the proud owners of some razor scooters. They have been watching some kids ride them at the ballpark and all they had to do was think in their little brains, how much they would like to have one, and Peepaw will make their wish, his command.

So, tonight, while Dylan was playing an awesome game of baseball, one that warranted ice cream afterwards, Jackson and Emma occupied themselves with some scooters.

Wade had to call it an early night because he had to be at work soon, so he headed off towards the car. He didn't get very far before I heard a familiar little girl's voice say, "Daaaaaddddyyyyy, that boy took my scooter." I turned to see what was going on and mine and Wade's eyes met. His eyes said to me, "Damn it! I am going to have to kill a little boy right here in front of everyone! You gonna bail me out, woman?"

Momma's eyes: Go get 'em daddy!...



Daaaadddddyyyy: Well, that just ain't gonna work!

Emma: But, he won't give it back to me!

Meanwhile, Wade is walking toward the boy who is on the back of my princesses steed. Now, I don't know if all of you have seen my husband, but....he looks mean when he's not smiling. If I was the little boy...I would've been scared.

Daaadddddyyyy: He really doesn't have a choice!

As Wade got about 10 steps from the boy, the kid dropped the scooter and headed in the other direction.

The girl....she hopped back on and rode into the sunset. All thanks to her noble knight, who saved her!



Later....

Do you know that that little boy took my princesses steed again!!!! This time the Queen had to get off of her throne!!! UGH!!!...to go knock the evil jester of off the steed and tell him he had better not take it again....or else.....off with his head!

All was once again, well, in Fairytale Land...and that little boy, he came up the last time and asked if he could ride the steed. I thought, oh, how nice, he learned a lesson....."No!"

Maybe next time, he will try asking FIRST!

No comments: