Saturday, January 19, 2008

Conversations You Never Thought You Would Be Having With Your Children...1

While watching the snow fall through the window and General Hospital at the same time, I found that there was suddenly a block of my view...Jackson.

Jackson(Making my mind wander from the saga of Luke's third heart attack and whether he will or will not decide to have that lifesaving surgery): Mom, this one time...at school...the sink was broken...and there was a cleaning lady...and I had to wash my hands in the toilet...is that okay?(Am I going to die because of the germs?)

Me(My mind completely ripped away from the thoughts of Maxie being strangled and who done it): What?! (Did he just say he washed his hands in a toilet?!)

Jackson: At school...I had to wash my hands in the toilet...is that okay? (Please...just tell me I am not going to die.)

Me: Uh...WHAT!!! WHY WOULD YOU WASH YOUR HANDS IN THE TOILET?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I MEAN IS THIS A JOKE, JACKSON?! WHAT HAPPENED? START AT THE BEGINNING!

Jackson (Crap! She looks like I might die!): I had to go to the bathroom and the sink was broken, so there was a cleaning lady in the bathroom and she asked me if I had washed my hands, so I washed them in the toilet. (So, what does this mean...exactly?)

Me: When?!!! Did!!!! This!!! Happen??!!

Jackson: I don't know, like, in kindergarten.

Me(Perplexed, confused...um...disgusted): Did you think of maybe telling the cleaning lady that the sink was broken?

Jackson(Maybe that would have worked): {Shakes his head no and shrugs his shoulders}

Me(What blog material!): Okay, I don't think you're going to die, but next time...tell the cleaning lady that the sink is broken...don't wash your hands in the toilet!!!!

Malia

No comments: