Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Ballet

I'll post some pictures too.... so you don't get bored:

For Emma's birthday, I wanted to see if she was ready to go see The Nutcracker before I shelled out a bunch of money for something she would be bored with from the first twirl with a wooden man.



I get e-mail from Ticketmaster and a ballet called The Magic Toy Shop caught my attention. The tickets were cheap and since they sell them on Ticketmaster, it must be good, right?




Well, at least we looked good!




We got all gussied up in our ballet finest and my mom, Emma and I set out to The Gwinnet Center for Performing Arts. The same place I recently saw New Kids on the Block, so again, it must be good, right?




I was expecting The Nutcracker, only with cheaper dancers. I got high school students who take lessons from a dance company. While it is better than Emma's last dance recital, I was disappointed.


Emma, she had to bring out the bling! Didn't even know she brought it with her, but you never know what is in a girl's silver sequined purse....you. just. never. know.






Emma had a great time though. While I can see that she is nowhere near ready for The Nutcracker put on by The Atlanta Ballet, the time spent together getting ready, getting pretty and then walking into an auditorium where everyone else was in jeans, was worth it all.




Yeah, definitely NOT ready for the Nutcracker!





We saw a REAL ballerina and her hair is the same color as mine!





One of my fav's.







A night at the theatre will do that to you.

Malia

No comments: