Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's All in the Hair

I can remember being in the second grade and having a mock election when Ronald Regan and ....some other guy were running for president. Mrs. Bowman was my teacher and I was at Fitz Hugh Lee Elementary School. We were shown the pictures and I am sure we were given some facts and we voted. My decision was simple and clear cut. I voted for Regan. Why? Simple. He was an older man. I love older men. He reminded me of my Papa in looks. Now that I think about it, they really didn't look that much alike, just the dark, wavy hair. That was why I chose him though. Turns out he won and I always did like him. I even cried at his televised funeral, watching Nancy tell her husband goodbye. It was heart wrenching.

Turns out, the apple does not fall far from the tree:


Dylan: Mom, what are you doing?

Me: I'm studying, trying to figure out who to vote for for president.

Dylan: You should vote for McCain.

Me: Oh yeah, why?

Dylan: Because....that's who I voted for.

Me: Why?

Dylan: I don't know...because.


Emma: Mom, mom, you should vote for the guy with white hair.

Me: Why?

Emma: Because?

Me: Because why?

Emma: Because that is who I voted for.

Me: You voted?

Emma: Yeah, I voted for John McCain.

Me: Why?

Emma: Because he is handsome.

Malia

No comments: