Thursday, November 20, 2008

Big Baby

As I've gotten older...or maybe it was once I had children...I don't know, I used to be able to hide it more, but now I don't...because I can't, but I just cry over everything. Yea, I am one of those, I cry over Downy commercials. It is annoying because I am an ugly crier.

I will be watching General Hospital and apparently I make this face when I see something sad because every time, Emma, catches me. She'll say, "Mom, stop making that sad face!" Because she knows what comes next and she doesn't understand tears that are not pain-induced or really, really sad-induced tears.

There is a reason my boys do not play sports. At Emma's last cheerleading game one of the little boys got "hurt"..really I think he got the wind knocked out of him and that was it. It was clear he was not very wounded, but there I sat, blubbering in the stands watching this little boy cry.

Now, yesterday, there I sit, watching Army Wives and there I sit just crying. I can hear a song about children growing up, or having cancer or a little girl's wedding and that will be all she wrote, the mascara is gone.

I love it. I love the way I feel, the way it touches me, that to me means that the movie, song or situation served it's purpose, but I hate how I look, mascara streaming downt the face, red faced, snotty!

I think maybe it just means that I have the compassion thing down pat. Maybe. Either that or I'm just a bit baby.

No comments: